Friday, June 22, 2012

Women Make Revolutions

women blocking the road on 21st of June 2012 in Khartoum Bahary


women do not make sandwiches
women make revolutions
women make dreams come true
this is a photo taking in Danakala district in Khartoum Bahary in Sudan
women are blocking the streets and protesting
women were the main target of the military junta and the fundamentalists in Sudan

they can be flogged for wearing pants and they can be stoned for committing "adultery"  
women were subjected to the fanaticism and patriarchy of the army and the Islamists , there is an unfair law of rape, which deals with the raped woman as sinner  and laws restricting every aspect of their life.  and she can be raped for asking for democracy like Safia Ishak

that's why the women started the revolution, the girls dorms was the spark of the revolution.
Yosra Sabir  wrote a heart breaking post  (Arabic) about the conditions of the female students in Khartoum, where the poverty and despotism kill their youthful joy . and that's why that women are participating heavily in the revolts and they are making the news. like the journalist Maha Sonosy who was detained then freed yesterday and she was dragged out of the closet to be declared as Girifina member.

Awadia was murdered by the brutal racist police in 5 March 2012


stay strong sisters, you will topple the dictator along with all the misogyny
love and peace will pervail




4 comments:

Libby said...

Awww. God Bless you. You are fighting for a great cause. The Only cause. Can we link to your blog and spread the word?


Good luck!!!!!

Fatma Emam said...

i know i am clumsy, and not that clever with tech, but my blogs are under CC, you can use it, just give the source some credit , thanks

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any suggestions on how to get
listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it
My page: teset

Quinn said...

You're amazing. I posted some of this into my tumblr and linked it back to you. I hope that's alright. I think it is important to show the women's side of these protests. I've included the link to my post. Please let me know if it's a problem please let me know and I'll take it down!

http://wifeofwrath.tumblr.com/post/26147440996/women-make-revolutions